We know nothing is more important than your child’s safety. That’s why IU provides many safety programs for students, such as educational discussion groups and safety seminars, emergency communications, free safety escorts, emergency telephones around campus, lighting on main campus pathways and streets, and free transportation services.
- Campus Security Report: Annual security and fire safety reports containing policy statements and crime and fire statistics for Indiana University campuses are available at https://protect.iu.edu/police/crimestats.
- Commission on Personal Safety: Information about safety awareness programs, including safety escort services on campus.
- IU Police Department: The IUPD assists with all functions of public safety at IU.
- IU-Notify Messaging System: This is our emergency notification system, which utilizes e-mail and text messages to students and faculty, an emergency preparedness website, messages on campus cable TV, outdoor warning sirens, public address equipment, and individual building emergency committees to ensure IU responds quickly and effectively to emergencies.
- Campus bus service: IU’s campus buses run all day throughout the week and from 11 p.m. to 4 a.m. on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights while school is in session. The IU campus bus service provides free, safe rides directly to students’ residences.