Skip to main content

Hutton Honors College

 — Indiana University

How do I earn an Honors Notation?
Requirements for the Honors Notation are detailed on the Honors Notation page. Let your Honors College advisor know if you plan to earn the General Honors Notation.

How do Honors Courses affect my GPA?
Honors courses are designed to be engaging and enriching. Although our expectations for Honors students are high, the atmosphere in our courses is supportive and cooperative rather than competitive. Students should not worry that there are more rigorous grading standards in Honors courses.

How can I find information about my records?
University Division students can find out about Pass/Fail options, F/X, Extended X, Mid-Term Grades, Final Grades, and Certification (having your records transferred to your school or major department) by accessing the University Division Web site.

How can I check to see if a class is full?
Students can find "Course Availability Information" through OneStart. Log into OneStart using your IU username and password. Choose the Self-Service tab at the top of the page. Then follow the link listed under "Registration and Classes" to search for a specific course. (Note: Course Availability is indicated by the numbers in parenthesis. For example, (13/ 20) means that there are 13 spaces currently available in a class of 20 students.)

How do I drop/add a course?
During the first week of classes students may drop/add courses by doing Drop and Add through OneStart. (Instructions for how to do this are detailed in the beginning of the Enrollment and Student Academic Information bulletin.) AFTER the first week of classes, freshmen are advised to consult with an advisor before dropping or adding a class.

How do I change my major?
University Division students can change and/or declare their major during an advising appointment.

How can I find out more information about possible Majors and Careers?
The Hutton Honors College suggests that students explore a wide variety of academic interests before definitively choosing a major. There are several resources which can aid students in making their decision, including the Career Development Center, the University Division Exploring Your Options meetings and the Majors and Careers Web page.

How can I find out more information about Premedical and Prelaw programs?
Students who are interested in pursuing careers in the health professions or in law should contact the Health Professions and Prelaw Center located in Maxwell 010.