Skip to main content

Hutton Honors College

 — Indiana University

Grant Homepage Research Grants Research Partnerships HHC Thesis Awards BFA & IMP Capstone Alternative Spring Break Grant
Eligibility Requirements Hutton IEP Grants Pre-Professional Experience Internship Teaching Internship Creative Activity HHC Financial Emergency Fund

HHC Travel Grant

Up to $600

Hutton Honors College Travel Awards exist to help any IUB undergraduate student who has had a paper or article accepted for presentation at a conference. The Hutton Honors College Undergraduate Grant Program will help provide funds so that the student may present his/her work at the conference. These awards are competitive.

There is no official application form and there are no specific deadlines. Applicants should apply as soon as possible after receiving an invitation to present work. In order to apply, students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher AND a GPA of 3.7 or higher in the major.

To apply, applicants must send a letter containing the following information to Hutton Honors College Travel Awards, Indiana University Hutton Honors College, 811 East Seventh Street, Bloomington, Indiana 47405:

  • name, location, and dates of conference
  • class, major, and GPA of applicant
  • title of presentation
  • budget for travel expenses (include food and lodging)
  • other sources of travel funding
  • name of IU faculty recommender
In addition, the applicant must attach the following to the letter:
  • a copy of the invitation to present at the conference
  • a short summary of his/her article
An applicant must also ask an IU faculty member familiar with his/her work to write a letter endorsing the award request. That letter should also be sent to the address above.

All applicants must attach an unofficial IUB transcript to this application.
All applicants must also complete and attach either a domestic or foreign travel waiver to their application.

An applicant will be notified within a few weeks after his/her application (and recommendation) have been received.

**NOTE**: If you filed the FAFSA and are receiving financial aid (for example: Direct Loans, Pell Promise grants, 21st Century Scholars Covenant), and you receive one of the Hutton Honors College's grants for scholarships, your award from the Hutton Honors College may not be paid-out in the form of cash funds (i.e., as money paid into your Bursar account), but instead, may be used by IU's Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) to reduce your student/parent loan burden or reduce your federal/state grant by the amount awarded to you by the HHC. To learn how your HHC award may impact your financial aid, please contact OSFA at

Don't forget to read the general eligibility requirements.