Do Something Different for Spring Break
Thinking about your next Spring Break?
Consider an "alternative" spring break. Instead
of working on your tan, or spending the week at home getting bored, head
off to a different locale and gain a better understanding of yourself and your
capacity for helping others, and make new friends along the way! People
out there need your help and you can give it. So get out and get excited;
there are people yet to know, places yet to see, and help yet to give!
Who is Eligible?
All students who have been admitted to the Hutton Honors
College, with a
CGPA of 3.3 or higher.
You need to have been accepted onto an alternative spring
break service project team.
Priority will be given to those who have not previously received
an ASB grant.
Recipients of Hutton International Experience Program (HIEP) grants for spring
break service trips may also apply.
Some IU Spring Break projects require registration in a Spring
Semester class so you need to register in November or December for the
How much will I Get?
We are offering grants from $50 to $250 depending on the cost of your
program and the number of grant applications received.
How do I Apply?
Once you are accepted to participate in an alternative spring break
service project copy the headings from the gray box below into an email and
send to email@example.com
When will I know if I got an ASB Grant?
Awards will be announced via email approximately two weeks after the
for grant applications.
** The 2014 deadline will be Friday, January 17, 2014 with awards announced by Monday, February 3, 2014. **
Copy these questions into an email and provide full answers
- Your name and student ID number
- Name of Service Organization
- Affiliation (CLD, IU student group, organization outside IU,
- A brief description of service being provided
- Location of service project
- Full cost of trip
- Other funding sources and amounts requested
- Amount requested from ASB grant ($50 - $250, amount cannot exceed
full cost of trip)
- Trip organizer (name, phone number or email where they can be contacted)
- What you hope to learn and gain from the experience (1-2
If you receive a grant, you will be required to complete the appropriate
waiver below and turn it in prior to Spring Break.
- Domestic Travel Release Form
- Foreign Travel Release Form