Alternative Spring Break Grant Program
Do Something Different for Spring Break!
Thinking about your next Spring Break?
Consider an "alternative" spring break.
Head off to a different locale and gain a better understanding of yourself and your capacity for helping others.
Make new friends along the way! People out there need your help and you can give it.
So get out and get excited; there are people yet to know, places yet to see, and help yet to give! Apply for grant money to help finance your trip.
Who is eligible?
All students who have been:
Priority will be given to those who have not previously received
an ASB grant.
- admitted to the Hutton Honors College and are in good standing with a CGPA of 3.3 or higher
- accepted onto an alternative spring break service project team
Recipients of Hutton International Experience Program (HIEP) grants for spring break service trips may also apply.
Note: Some IU Spring Break projects require registration in a Spring Semester class so you should plan to register in November or December for the specific course.
How much will I receive?
We are offering grants from $50 to $250 depending on the cost of your
program and the number of grant applications received.
How do I apply?
Once you are accepted to participate in an alternative spring break service project copy the headings from the gray box below into an email and send to email@example.com
When will I know if I got an ASB Grant?
Awards will be announced via email approximately two weeks after the closing deadline for grant applications.
**The 2016 deadline will be Friday, January 29, 2016 with awards announced by Friday, February 5, 2016. **
Copy these questions into an email and provide full answers
- Your name and student ID number
- Name of Service Organization
- Affiliation (CLD, IU student group, organization outside IU,
- A brief description of service being provided
- Location of service project
- Dates of travel (trip must be taken January-May 2016)
- Full cost of trip
- Other funding sources and amounts requested
- Amount requested from ASB grant ($50 - $250, amount cannot exceed
full cost of trip)
- Letter or email from trip organizer (name, phone number or email where they can be contacted) verifying your participation in an alternative spring break program
- What you hope to learn and gain from the experience (1-2
If you receive a grant, you will be required to complete the appropriate
waiver below and turn it in prior to Spring Break.
- Domestic Travel Release Form
- Foreign Travel Release Form
Get Involved |
Community Opportunities |
Spring Break Grant