Welcome to the Indiana University School of Nursing, located in Bloomington, Indiana, one of the country's most beautiful and diverse college towns.
Indiana University School of Nursing (IUSON) is a core campus school made up of three locations: Indianapolis (IUPUI), Bloomington, and Columbus. Bloomington campus admits up to 60 students per year to the traditional BSN program, and also offers the RN-BSN Online Program. All four years of the BSN undergraduate experience occur on the Bloomington campus. Our offices are located in Sycamore Hall, in the heart of the Bloomington campus.
Founded in 1820, Indiana University in Bloomington is the largest of Indiana University's eight campuses. Abundant trees, native flowers and limestone buildings adorn the university's 2000 acres. Please visit Indiana University Office of Admissions to arrange a campus tour. Click here for a virtual tour of Bloomington campus.
With a population of 70,000 Bloomington is the quintessential college town. The population is active, intellectual, friendly and relaxed, offering the amenities of a metropolitial city, yet the easy pace of a small town.
Our students maintain an active chapter in the Indiana Association of Nursing Students and also participate in a wide variety of campus and community activities.
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Indiana State Board of Nursing
- American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation
- The Higher Learning Commission - A commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
NLN Center of Excellence in Nursing Education in Two Categories:
|Creating Environments that Promote the Pedagogical Expertise of Faculty||Creating Environments that Advance the Science of Nursing Education|
We have been re-designated for the third time as a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education, Creating Environments that Promote the Pedagogical Experitse of Faculty by the National League of Nursing (NLN). The designation is in effect until 2017.
This is a voluntary process that involves preparation of material by the school itself and peer review. Schools must be accredited by a national nursing body to be eligible to apply. The School was first designated a Center of Excellence in 2006.
This recognition is designed to distinguish schools that:
- Demonstrate sustained, evidence-based and substantive innovation in the selected area;
- Conduct ongoing research to document the effectiveness of such innovation;
- Set high standards for themselves; and
- Commit to continuous quality improvement.
The second designation, Creating Environments that Advance the Science of Nursing Education, is in effect until 2015. We are the first school in the history of the NLN to carry two designations.
This recognition is designed to distinguish schools that are leaders in the generation and dissemination of pedagogical research and scholarship and in the use of this work across all programs.
The Centers of Excellence Programs sets high standards and serves to truly distinguish and publicly recognize excellent schools.
Indiana University School of Nursing is leading with excellence in research and education, powered by innovation and partnerships.
The Indiana University School of Nursing exists to lead the "knowledge work" of nurses of today and tomorrow to positively influence the health of communities served by: inspiring learning through excellence in teaching; creating and advancing knowledge through science and research; shaping care through evidence-based practices, innovations and partnerships; and appreciating, developing, and recognizing faculty, staff, and students.
Respect, Responsibility, Trust, and Dialogue. These core values are fundamental to the success of the nursing profession and the Indiana University School of Nursing community. These values are the foundation for our work, how we interact with one another, and help guide the strategies we employ to fulfill our vision, mission, and strategic goals. We are supportive of one another’s efforts, loyal to one another, and care for one another both professionally and personally. We embrace, own, and are energized by these core values.
- Advance IUSON’s reputation as a national leader in educational research, evidence-based educational practices, and progressive educational programs. (Teaching Excellence)
- Position IUSON as a nationally renowned leader in research and knowledge development. (Research Excellence)
- Develop new and sustain existing partnerships to support innovations in education and research that address current and future challenges in global health care and health professions education. (Innovations and Partnerships)
- Integrate the school’s core values into the culture of the organization. (Recognition)
- Acquire, allocate, and effectively manage resources to support the work of faculty, staff, and students. (Resources)
Sycamore Hall 4th Floor, 1033 E. Third Street, Bloomington IN 47405
Phone: 812-855-1736 FAX: 812-855-6986