Darren D Price
Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Elementary Particle Physics (Experimental)
MA, University of Cambridge, 2004
MSc, University of Manchester, 2005
PhD, Lancaster University, 2008
Phone: +41-22-76-71265 (CERN)
Email: Darren.Price cern.ch
I work jointly on the DZero experiment at Fermilab, Chicago and the ATLAS experiment at the Large Hadron Collider, at CERN, Geneva.
At DZero my research primarily focuses on measurements W+jet production dynamics, both in the context of a Standard Model QCD study and towards the understanding of backgrounds in the forward region for ongoing development into studies of Vector Boson Fusion processes and studies of the Higgs and exotic signatures in VBF channels at the LHC. I also work on jet identification algorithms and Alpgen systematic studies for Higgs analyses and serve on various DZero Editorial Boards for QCD/B-physics analyses. I was previously co-convener of the Monte Carlo generator algorithms group and am currently QCD group representative to the simulation group.
At the LHC my main foci include Standard Model measurements of vector boson plus jets, in particular studies of weak boson fusion production, and extensions of these studies to precision measurements of Higgs boson properties and related SUSY/exotica searches. I recently began a new research programme studying electroweak processes sensitive to a wide variety of new physics processes, including astrophysical/dark matter phenomena, neutrinoless double beta decay and Higgs triplet models. I am also deeply involved in studies of all aspects of quarkonium production at the LHC, and have served in the role of Quarkonium and B-production working group convener for many years (the 7 and 8 TeV data-taking periods), and was previously co-convener of the B-trigger algorithms working group. I recently took on the role of ATLAS-UK Standard Model working group convener. I am an active member of numerous internal Editorial Boards within ATLAS, mainly focusing on Heavy Ion physics and heavy flavour production, and am also occasionally called upon to review experimental papers for particle physics journals.
- "Studies of W boson plus jets production in ppbar collisions at sqrt(s)=1.96 TeV,", [DZero Collaboration], arXiv:1302.6508 [hep-ex], Phys. Rev. D 88 (2013) 092001
- "Measurement of Upsilon production in 7 TeV pp collisions at ATLAS", [The ATLAS Collaboration], G. Aad, et al., arXiv:1211.7255 [hep-ex], Phys. Rev. D 87, 052004 (2013)
- "Observation of a New chi_b State in Radiative Transitions to Upsilon(1S) and Upsilon(2S) at ATLAS", [The ATLAS Collaboration], G. Aad, et al., arXiv:1112.5154 [hep-ex], Phys. Rev. Lett 108 (2012) 152001 (PRL Editors' Suggestion).
- "Measurement of the Upsilon(1S) Production Cross-Section in pp Collisions at sqrt(s) = 7 TeV in ATLAS", [The ATLAS Collaboration], G. Aad, et al., arXiv:1106.5325 [hep-ex], Phys. Lett. B 705 (2011) 9.
- "Measurements of inclusive W+jets production rates as a function of jet transverse momentum in ppbar collisions at sqrt(s)= 1.96 TeV", [DZero Collaboration], arXiv:1106.1457 [hep-ex], Phys. Lett. B 705 (2011) 200-207 [doi:10.1016/j.physletb.2011.10.011].
- "Measurement of the differential cross-sections of inclusive, prompt and non-prompt J/psi production in proton-proton collisions at sqrt(s) = 7 TeV", [The ATLAS Collaboration], G. Aad, et al., Nucl. Phys. B 850 (2011) 387 arXiv:1104.3038 [hep-ex].
- "The Expected Performance of the ATLAS Inner Detector,", [ATLAS Collaboration], Technical report ATL-PHYS-PUB-2009-002, ATL-COM-PHYS-2008-105, CERN, Geneva, Aug 2008.
- [ATLAS Collaboration], “The ATLAS experiment at the CERN LHC”, JINST 3 (2008) S08003.