Welcome to the Indiana University Bloomington Student Sustainability Council
Run for a SSC Executive Committee Position
All positions (Logistics, Membership & Publicity, Advisory, Projects & Events, and Finance) are open. All candidates need to be present at this week's General Assembly meeting on Wednesday, April 10th at the Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis (513 N. Park) from 7-8 PM to run.
This Week is SustainIU!
SustainIU, the SSC's week of collaborative themed sustainability events will take place from Saturday, April 6th to Friday, April 12th. The theme this year is "Supply Change". Events will be focused on on the place of humanity within our environment and sustainability in relation to this topic.
Here's what's left for this week:
- April 9-11: Bike to Uganda (SRSC, HPER)
- April 9, 1:30 PM: Green Cyber Infrastructure Tour (CIB Building)
- April 9, 7 PM: Everglades of the North Screening and Filmaker Lecture (Kelley School)
- April 10, 7 PM: Platforms in Sustainability Workshop (Ballantine 139)
- April 11, 4-5:30 PM: Sustainable Food Workshop with Cheff Orr (FarmBloomington--Registration REQUIRED, email firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
- April 11, 8 PM: OxJam Benefit Concert (The Bishop)
- April 12, 10 AM-12 PM: Arbor-Earth Day Tree Planting (Dunn Meadow--CLICK HERE TO REGISTER)
Check the box for the IU SUSTAINABILITY FUND!
When you register for classes, check the box to donate $5 to the IU Sustainability Fund. Show President McRobbie that students care about the sustainability of the Bloomington campus, and donate today! See here for more details.
Already registered? Click here to check the box!
Spring 2013 General Assembly Meetings Set
All meetings will be held at the main conference room at the Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis at 513 N. Park St.
- Wednesday, January 30th (7-8 PM)
- Wednesday, February 20th (7-8 PM)
- Wednesday, March 6th (7-8 PM)
- Wednesday, March 27th (7-8 PM)
- Wednesday, April 10th (7-8 PM)
SSC Votes in 2013 Executive Council
MJ Jackson will continue as the Logistics Director, Nick Norder will take over as the Membership and Publicity Director, Laura Appelt will serve as the Advisory Director again, Faith Liveoak will serve as the Projects and Events Director, and Tom Ladendorf will become the Finance Director. For more information on each of the positions, check the SSC Executive Committee page.
Council Schedule: Spring 2013
The SSC Executive Committee will announce the schedule of General Assembly meetings for Spring 2013 by January 7, 2013.