Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index Indiana Mathematics Initiative
Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help getting started

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> EM Kindergarten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adalia Velasco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:58 pm    Post subject: Need help getting started Reply with quote

I am presently a ESL teacher. I taught kindergarten for two years and first grade for 27 years. When asked to be a member of the select cadre i accepted because i was needed in my school district. I now have a problem going to the other first grade teachers and asking them if i can be of some assistance to them. I have let them know I am available and can help them but no one is responding. Someone please give me an idea on how to assist without being pushy!
Marsha Frey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a tough one. Others have to want to be helped. I invited some friends to an after school meeting just to share ideas and materials from EM. You might try inviting them to a sharing session and see if that helps. We also discussed lesson ideas at the meeting. Maybe that would help start your communication. It sure sounds like you are eager and trying.
Heidi Moore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to hook them with enthusiasm! Find some neat ideas on this sight and share it with them. Continue to share the ideas with them. Don't wait for them to come to you. If they choose to use your suggestions, then their class will benefit. If they don't, you can't blame yourself! Hang in there! I think you will be able to influence them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> EM Kindergarten All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: