Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index Indiana Mathematics Initiative
Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kindergarten/PreKindergarten

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> EM PreK
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denise Jean Cross

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Kindergarten/PreKindergarten Reply with quote

A group of Select Cadre Members are planning to create a New Teacher, Substitute, and Parent Packet similiar to the packets created by other grade levels last year. If anyone has ideas they would like to share we would appreciate any ideas or forms you may have already created.
Denise Geiser

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a idea for new teachers to organize EM materials for preschool/kindergarten since we have guideposts instead of units or chapters like grades one -five. I purchased 7 clear tubs and labeled each one a guidepost. Next, I used gallon size bags to put all the materials needed for each activity. I also copied the activity from teachers guide and put it in the bag. This took a complete school year to do but it is totally worth it! Now I just go to an activity in the teacher's guide, look and find out which guidpost and open the tub and pull out the activity. Everything is already in the bag and the directions are there too. This has been very helpful for planning and for subs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> EM PreK All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: