Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index Indiana Mathematics Initiative
Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

morning routines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> EM Kindergarten
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carolyn Miller

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: morning routines Reply with quote

My class has been doing the sign-in attendance sheets for months now, so I decided to add more to it by having them mark if they are hot or cold lunch and white, chocolate, or strawberry milk for lunch. This has been greet for them to see how to use symbols/variables to represent something and take responsibility for their choices. After they sign-in, they choose a math tub to work at (geo-boards, foam dice, pattern blocks, unifex cubes, counting bears, etc.) until all of the buses arrive. This keeps them actively engaged in math and those late arrivers aren't missing our morning meeting.
Kathryn Shippy Ziegler

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! I will have to try that with my students. I also have my students sign-in each morning and we have begun to write sentences in the places they sign-in. (New word for each day of the week) Not only are they working on math skills but also literacy! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> EM Kindergarten All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: