Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index Indiana Mathematics Initiative
Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Organizational method

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> EM Forum posts from 2004-2005
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rachel Dawn Cox

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Organizational method Reply with quote

This is my third year with EM. One of my teaching partners uses a three ring binder to put all of the overhead copies from each lesson. I loved this idea. I started late by making the overhead copies (mid-year) however, I will do this in the beginning of next year. Sometimes lessons refer back to charts and other lessons. You may ask, "What do your run off?". I run off a copy of math boxes, charts, and student journal pages that I may need while teaching the lesson. If a new game is being introduced, I run off any copied pages to play as a whole group. This is a great way to be organized and I can use them for many years. Very Happy
Linda Thorne

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: organization Reply with quote

I use a three ring binder also. I purchased file pockets that will hold multiple copies. Then I tore apart the math masters, assessment pages, and home links. Each unit has three pockets for those three types of papers, in the binder. When I make transparencies, I three hole punch them also and place them with the paperwork for the unit. I make a notation in my teacher's edition that I have the transparency prepared.

I have a second three-ring binder in which I keep the directions for each game. As we learn a new game, I copy the directions, either out of the T.E. or from the student page. If there are record sheets for the game I place those in the binder along with the directions. This is a quick reference for a substitute or a tutor when I need them to play a math game.
Rachel Dawn Cox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea. Maybe this next year as I go along, I will manage to copy and put into a binder. Thank you Smile
Jeanette Krabill

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't use a 3 ring binder, but I do use hanging file folders. In it I keep a manilla folder for everything for the teaching of each lesson. For example, everything for Lesson 8.1 including any papers I have copied, any overheads I have done. That way I have them from year to year. I have a second manilla folder labelled H.L. 8.1 in which I keep the homework to hand out. I choose one color for the entire year for homework. This year it is green and this is so I can easily locate it from all other papers. I usually do all the photocopying for an entire unit (Home Links included) at one shot, so everything is at my fingertips. Then next year, all the overheads are there. I just need to photocopy papers for the students. It was a lot of work at the beginning, but saves so much time now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> EM Forum posts from 2004-2005 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: