Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index Indiana Mathematics Initiative
Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

emgames.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> EM Forum posts from 2004-2005
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angela Leslie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: emgames.com Reply with quote

I usually reserve an hour at the end of the day on Friday for Everyday Math Games. This Friday I did something a little different. I took my students to our computer lab and had them try the games on emgames.com. It was a huge success! The students loved playing the games. The directions were clear and to the point and many of their favorite games were there. We spent an hour playing addition basketball and addition top-it. The time was gone before we realized it! I recommend trying this web site as a suppliment to the games you play in the classroom. It was a fun and exciting change of pace for the kids and they keep asking when we can go back to the computer lab and play again. They're practicing their math skills and don't even realize it. All they know is that they are playing computer games. This is a great addition to the program!
Shari Barton

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: EMgames.com is GREAT! Reply with quote

We have recently added a technology room to our school. We are learning to use the computers as well as a SMART board. This last week we also went to the technology room as a part of our GAME DAY. We kept the usual rotation of 4- 15 minutes sessions. But the teacher's session was when the students went and played the EM games on EMgames. com--- it was amazing! I agree with Angela. The students had a GREAT time practicing their skills. We played Addition Top-It with 3 cards and with double digits and then we also tried Coin Addition Top-It. Basketball Addition was played as well and it is a real quick game for those last 2 - 3 minutes of a session. Last week the group played together on the SMART board in order to learn the games and the how-to of the games & the board. This week I plan to let them go on their own computers so they can go at their own pace. EMgames.com is another excellent resource that we have to take advantage of!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> EM Forum posts from 2004-2005 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: