Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index Indiana Mathematics Initiative
Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

December Modeling Workshop-Fort Wayne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> Mathematical Modeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paula Stickles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: December Modeling Workshop-Fort Wayne Reply with quote

November 16, 2005

Hello all.
I hope things are going well for you as fall is moving along quickly. The time is near for the second follow-up modeling workshop. The Fort Wayne workshop is Monday, December 12, and Tuesday, December 13. The workshop will again be held at the Fort Wayne Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Downtown.
During the workshop, we will discuss more modeling problems, as well as have time to share modeling lessons you have taught. There will also be some time devoted to developing/cleaning up modeling lessons. By now, you should have taught one, if not two, modeling lessons. Each of you will have the opportunity to share your experience of teaching a modeling lesson. If you have samples of student work you would like to share, please bring them as well. You should also bring whatever materials you need to continue developing modeling lesson plans, and whatever you typically use to do math (paper, pencils, graph paper, rulers, graphing calculators, etc.).
For those of you who are staying Sunday and Monday night and want to know more about the hotel, you can visit the website at http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/hd/fwadt. I attached a map with directions. I am still working on the specifics of the workshop, but here is the general schedule.

Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 12 & 13 Holiday Inn Downtown Fort Wayne
8:00-8:30am Continental Breakfast ASSEMBLY ROOM
8:30-11:30am The Fun Starts
[snack ~ 10:00]
11:30-12:30pm Lunch TENNESSEE GRILL
12:30-3:30pm The Fun Continues ASSEMBLY ROOM
[snack ~ 2:00]
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me at pstickle@indiana.edu or 812-204-9469. See you very soon.

Sincerely,
Paula
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> Mathematical Modeling All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: