Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index Indiana Mathematics Initiative
Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

December Modeling Workshop-Bloomington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> Mathematical Modeling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paula Stickles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: December Modeling Workshop-Bloomington Reply with quote

November 22, 2005

Hello all.
I hope things are going well for you as fall is moving along quickly. The time is near for the second follow-up modeling workshop. The Bloomington workshop is Monday, December 5, and Tuesday, December 6. The workshop will be held in the Indiana Memorial Union (IMU), and you should park in the pay lot adjacent to the union (see map). During the workshop, you will be given a voucher to give the attendant as you leave the lot.
During the workshop, we will discuss more modeling problems, as well as have time to share modeling lessons you have taught. There will also be some time devoted to developing/cleaning up modeling lessons. By now, you should have taught one, if not two, modeling lessons. Each of you will have the opportunity to share your experience of teaching a modeling lesson. If you have samples of student work you would like to share, please bring them as well. You should also bring whatever materials you need to continue developing modeling lesson plans, and whatever you typically use to do math (paper, pencils, graph paper, rulers, graphing calculators, etc.). I am still checking on the possibility of having access to computers. I will send an email when I know for sure whether you will have access.
We are providing a continental breakfast as well as lunch each day. Attached are a campus map and a map of the IMU. For those of you that are staying Monday night, we have rooms for you in the IMU hotel. (A rooming list is attached.) If you are interested in learning more about the hotel you can visit www.imu.indiana.edu/hotel_conference_center/hotel_guests.html. I am still working on the specifics of the workshop, but here is the general schedule.
Monday and Tuesday, Dec. 5 & 6 Indiana Memorial Union
8:30-9:00am Continental Breakfast STATE ROOM
9:00-12:00pm The Fun Starts
12:00-1:00pm Lunch STATE ROOM (Mon.)/ TUDOR ROOM (Tues.)
1:00-4:00pm The Fun Continues STATE ROOM
[snack ~ 2:30]

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me at pstickle@indiana.edu or 812-204-9469. See you very soon.
Sincerely,
Paula
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> Mathematical Modeling All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: