Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index Indiana Mathematics Initiative
Discussion Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rekenrek

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> Web Site Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeanne Gennrich

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Rekenrek Reply with quote

I purchased the materials from Hobby Lobby and made a Rekenrek, the Dutch counting device that we saw at our last IMI workshop. (See below for a picture of a Rekenrek.) The styrofoam base broke after I carried it around a few times. I am going to make a sturdier one with a wood base. It seems like such a valuable device to have in the classroom.
John LaMaster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reken Web Reply with quote

The Freudenthal Institute Web Site at http://www.freudenthal.nl/en/ has amazing games online at the link http://www.fi.uu.nl/rekenweb/en/
some of which include using a virtual online Rekenrek, plus others well worth visiting. (For example, see the game called Speedy Pictures.) I hope this can be useful to you as well as fun for your students!
Jeanne Gennrich

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: MathRack-Rekenrek Reply with quote

If you are interested in the Rekenrek, there is a Mathrack available for sale at mathrack@comcast.net for $10.00. The Mathrack 20 has two row of beads (5 red and 5 white on each row). It is $10.00. The Mathrack 10 has one row of beads and is $7.50. I have not seen this, but received a message about it when researching the Rekenrek.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Indiana Mathematics Initiative Forum Index -> Web Site Resources All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: