Only Indiana University students who are members of the College Dems in good standing may have an account able to post, comment and have access to this Blog. If a member of the College Dems with access to the Blog graduates from the University and meets the following requirements, they may retain their ability to access the Blog:
- They must remain in good standing with the College Dems as defined by the alumni statutes.
- They must retain their access to their CAS authentication username and password.
If a person who is not an IU student would like to post a guest editorial on the Blog, they may request to do so on the Contact Us page of this website. If granted, the requested post will be created through the account of another user.
Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant that (a) all of the information provided by you to College Dems to participate in the Blog is correct and current; and (b) you have all necessary right, power and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform the acts required of you hereunder.
You agree that you are responsible for your own use of the Blog, for any posts you make, and for any consequences thereof. You agree that you will use the Blog in compliance with all applicable local, university, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from your country of residence and all United States export control laws.
The College Dems reserve the right to pull any content from the Blog that they deem inappropriate or any content that meets the following criteria as generally defined:
- Hate speech
- Content that promotes hate or violence towards groups or a specific person based on race, ethnicity, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity
- Incest or bestiality
- Crude content
- Advertisements for a product or service
- Malware, adware, viruses
- Impersonation of another person
- Personal or confidential information
- Material in violation of copyright
- Promotion of illegal activities
The College Dems also reserve the right to pull any content that they deem does not meet the ideological standards of the state or national Democratic party.
The College Dems reserve the right to take any or all of the following actions for material violating the content rules:
- Delete or hide the material in violation
- Delete or hide any material previously posted by the user
- Suspend or terminate a user’s access to the Blog
- Demote the user’s standing within the College Dems
- Notify the copyright holder
- Report the content to the university
- Report the content to law enforcement
You agree to hold harmless and indemnify College Dems, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, volunteers, and employees from and against any third-party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Blog, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys’ fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, College Dems will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit or action.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and College Dems and governs your use of the Blog, superseding any prior agreements between you and College Dems. You also may be subject to additional terms and conditions that may apply when you use or purchase certain other College Dems services, affiliate services, or third-party content.
Waiver and Severability of Terms
Statute of Limitations
Choice of Law; Jurisdiction; Forum