AdministrativeMatt Patterson, Co-chair - iuemaindiana.edu
Career DevelopmentCarrie Albright - caalbrigindiana.edu
The Career Development Chair helps inform members of EMA about networking, internship career opportunities in the Environmental Management Industry.(top)
FinancialAmari Malone, Co-chair - amaloneindiana.edu
The Financial Chair for EMA is responsible for collecting dues, making purchasing on behalf of the organization and fundraising through events and funding proposals.(top)
Special Initiatives(currently empty), Co-chair - indiana.edu
The Special Initiatives Committee will pursue projects to improve environmental awareness and host events to encourage participation from members of the SPEA and Bloomington community. Currently, the committee has several initiatives:
- Backyard Habitat – We maintain four landscaped beds outside of SPEA with native Indiana prairie and wildflower species. In 2007 our site was certified by the National Wildlife Federation. In 2008 we added signage to describe the sustainable management of the plots and identify several common species.
- Adopt-A-Tail – We conduct trail maintenance and litter clean up at Griffy Lake Nature Preserve several times a semester. We submit monitoring reports to the City of Bloomington.
- Adopt-A-Road – We organize litter cleanups along High Street (between 3rd Street and Moore’s Pike). Monroe County Solid Waste Management District provides EMA with supplies.
- SPEA Sustainability – We host environmental awareness events at SPEA and work to implement policies and programs to make SPEA more sustainable.
- In 2007, we reviewed SPEA’s recycling program and surveyed the status
of bins around the building. Next we created a proposal for new bins and in February 2008, our proposal was accepted by SPEA administrators. Now SPEA has 25 new recycle bins.
- EMA-Bloomington Connection - We have partnered with Sycamore Land Trust, WonderLab, and the City of Bloomington to complete environmental service projects.
- EMA won START’s 2008 Road Rally by collecting money for the Penny Wars, donating items to Goodwill, and volunteering for SLT. All the Road Rally money raised was donated to SLT.
Graduate Representative to the IU Student Sustainability CouncilKelly Harris - harrikeaindiana.edu
Student Life Allocation Commitee RepresentativeBenjamin Inskeep - bdinkseeindiana.edu
Social ChairRebeccae Robinson- rebrobinindiana.edu
First Year RepresentativeJennifer Okajima - jokajimaindiana.edu
Undergraduate RepresentativeAndrew Bushnell - abushnellindiana.edu
WebmasterM.S. Patterson - maspatteindiana.edu
Matt Patterson is a third year MSES/MPA at SPEA, pursuing a custom specialization in Urban Ecology. He has lived in Bloomington for about a dozen years at this point, and is older than he looks. Anything that is wrong on this site is his fault, and you should complain to him.(top)