Please consider participating in The 7th Annual CONSERVATION DAY at the Indiana Statehouse on Tuesday, February 1, 2011 The event is sponsored by the Indiana Conservation Alliance, a statewide network of 30 organizations. It's a great opportunity for networking with conservation organizations and gaining experience in how conservation law- and policy-making works. More details, links to registration, agenda, and so forth are available here. Or, for more information, contact Angela Hughes (Government Relations Associate at The Nature Conservancy and an Indiana University/SPEA alum).
Benefit for the Nature Conservancy: We're raising money for the Nature Conservancy through T-shirt sales. We'll be hosting an event to present a check to a representative in the second week of February.
Earth Week! Watch for updates. We are currently planning our Earth Week activities, with the theme of "Urban Homesteading". We'll likely be givivg away container gardening materials, doing compost demonstrations, have a Bike-In Movie, and more!
Earth Week Events 2010
Events from before 2010 can be found here.
- Sunday April 18, 11:00am, Lower Cascades Park Clean-up, Sponsored by Bloomington Parks and Recreation
- Tuesday April 20, 4:00pm, SPEA Backyard Habitat Clean-up
- Wednesday April 21, 4:0opm Adopt-A-Road Clean-up
- Thursday April 22, 5:30pm Sustainable Food Panel, Featuring Representatives from FARM, R-BISTRO, and STRANGER’s HILL, SPEA Atrium
- FREE RAFFLE and SEED GIVE-AWAY all Week! Win Sustainable Food Prizes!
- ‘EMA COOKS’ for SALE for $15 all Week!