Emmy Giovanni, Co-chair - iuemaindiana.edu
Tiffani Priddis - tifpriddindiana.edu
The Career Development Chair sponsors events to network current
students with alumni, expose students to internship opportunities, and
prepares students for professional careers through various workshops
(such as resume writing).
Jenna Morrison, Co-chair - jm98indiana.edu
Sarah Bradbury, Co-chair - smbradbuindiana.edu
Sarah Powers, Co-chair - sarellisindiana.edu
The Special Initiatives Committee will pursue projects to improve environmental awareness and host events to encourage participation from members of the SPEA and Bloomington
community. Currently, the committee has several initiatives:
- Backyard Habitat – We maintain four landscaped beds outside of SPEA with
native Indiana prairie and wildflower species. In 2007 our site
was certified by the National Wildlife Federation. In 2008 we added signage to describe the sustainable management of the plots and identify several common species.
- Adopt-A-Tail – We conduct trail maintenance and litter clean up at Griffy Lake Nature Preserve several times a semester. We submit monitoring reports to the City of Bloomington.
- Adopt-A-Road – We organize litter cleanups along High Street (between 3rd
Street and Moore’s Pike). Monroe County Solid Waste Management District provides EMA with supplies.
- SPEA Sustainability – We host environmental awareness events at SPEA
and work to implement policies and programs to make SPEA more sustainable.
- In 2007, we reviewed SPEA’s recycling program and surveyed the status
of bins around the building. Next we created a proposal for new bins and in February 2008, our proposal was accepted by SPEA administrators. Now SPEA has 25 new recycle bins.
- EMA-Bloomington Connection - We have partnered with Sycamore Land Trust, WonderLab, and
the City of Bloomington to complete environmental service projects.
- EMA won START’s 2008 Road Rally by collecting money for the Penny
Wars, donating items to Goodwill, and volunteering for SLT. All the Road Rally money raised was
donated to SLT.
Volunteers in Sustainability Representative
Brad Wollman - bwollmanindiana.edu
Student Life Allocation Commitee Representative
Garland Waleko - gwalekoindiana.edu
First Year Representative
Carissa Moncavage - cmoncavaindiana.edu
Marie Buckingham - marbuckiindiana.edu
M.S. Patterson - maspatteindiana.edu
Phil Stevens - pstevensindiana.edu