The Environmental Management and Sustainable Development Association is a professional student organization housed in the School of Public and Environmental Affairs.
EMSDA has been established to:
- Provide a forum for students, faculty, staff, and alumni with varied backgrounds to exchange information, ideas, and experiences.
- Provide an opportunity for students to interact with professionals to enhance career preparation and establish a network for potential positions and internships related to environmental management and/or sustainable development.
- Promote the advancement of interdisciplinary environmental and sustainability education, research planning, assessment, review, and management.
- Promote an awareness of pertinent issues and ideas that affect people and their environment at the local, regional, national, and international levels.
- Encourage students to pursue greater knowledge and appreciation of the complex environmental and sustainability issues facing the University, country, and world through lectures, seminars, and field activities.