Financial Aid Application
Once students receive an invitation to apply to the IUHPFL, interested guardians and their student(s) can apply for financial aid by filling out a FAFSA Financial Aid Application. Students should also review the step-by-step instructions (in the box to the right) explaining the application steps to ensure successful submission of the financial aid application.
Preparing for Financial Aid
Before applying for financial aid through the IUHPFL, students are asked to review the following information:
- The IUHPFL office uses an online assessment tool, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), to determine how financial aid is distributed to applicants.
- Financial aid for the IUHPFL is distributed based upon individual family need.
- Though we use the FAFSA as a tool to figure the expected family contribution, we determine the need for financial aid based solely on the pool of program applicants, independent of Indiana University at large.
- Financial aid awards vary and typically range from $250 to $1,000. Over the past two program cycles on average over 60 percent of students who applied for financial aid received it.
- Total funding for participants exceeded $53,000 in 2014.
- Financial Aid through the IUHPFL is a reduction in program fees, not a loan to be repaid.
- A student's application for Financial Aid has no bearing on his/her selection to participate in the program.
- All students who wish to apply for financial aid must ensure the financial aid application is received by the IUHPFL office by January 31, 2015. Late applications will not be considered. The Finance Committee cannot consider any student who has not submitted a financial aid application. The IUHPFL strongly encourages all students to submit by the deadline, even if they do not think they will qualify for aid.
- Students will receive notification about their financial aid status at the same time as they receive notification of their acceptance status. Students who are accepted outright will be notified in January. Students who are interviewed will be notified in February.
Students who are awarded financial support will be expected to start making payments towards program fees according to the program's payment schedule.