Financial Assistance Application
Instructions for the IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application
If you wish to be considered for IUHPFL financial assistance, you will need to complete the optional IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application. Please read these instructions in full before beginning the application process. Your IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application will have no bearing on a student’s acceptance status with IUHPFL.
IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application Instructions-Printable.
Due DateThe online IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application is to be submitted by Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
Form SubmissionThe IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application is a two-step process. Step one is to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to obtain your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number. Step two is to complete IUHPFL’s Financial Assistance Application online form where you enter the EFC, upload a copy of your FAFSA confirmation page, answer the 5 questions, and submit the form.
- After the Februay 1st deadline, the financial committee will meet to review all applications.
- Students will receive notification about their financial assistance status on February 8th, 2017.
- The first installment of Program Fees is due February 15th, 2017 (the initial $500 deposit).
- All accepted students are required to make scheduled program payments, even if they receive financial assistance. IUHPFL Financial Assistance is a reduction in Program Fees that will be reflected on the student invoice; it is not considered a pyament toward the account.
AwardsNot all applicants will qualify to receive financial assistance. If you do not wish to apply or be considered for financial assistance, it is unnecessary to fill out this application.
Financial Assistance Application Step-by-Step Instructions
- Parents/Guardians should complete both the FAFSA and the IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application.
- Before starting, gather your most recent tax return and other documents needed to determine incomes, expenses, and assets of applying student and guardian(s).
- Complete the FAFSA at fafsa.ed.gov to determine your EFC number.
- Choose the most recent year for which you have documents or estimates. Enter all pertinent information for the student and guardian(s). See below for more information on how to complete the FAFSA.
- After completing the FAFSA, complete the online IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application. See below for more information on completing this form.
Entering Information on the Online FAFSA
As you enter information, if your student is not a Senior, please choose options as if the student were to graduate high school in 2017 because the FAFSA website is designed to assess financial assistance for college attendance. (You may select either the current year, or next year for completion i.e. 2016-2017 or 2017-2018; if you have a graduating senior attending college in the fall, you may wish to complete the next year so that you don't have to complete it again for college.)
- Completion Status: High school diploma
- Grade level: Never attended college
- School code: Indiana University 001809
- Housing options: Select "on-campus"
- Preparer questions: select "No" (you are not a preparer)
- If your financial situation for 2017 will be similar to 2016, please use the most recent tax information (W-2, 1040, etc.) that you have already filed. If your financial situation will be changing dramatically, please do your best to estimate.
- You will reach a page titled "Sign and Submit." You have three options:
- Create a PIN (create a PIN only if you want to save this application for your student's future college attendance - in this case your application will be processed and not accessible for several days.)
- Print the signature page (Unnecessary for IUHPFL).
- Submit without signatures (you will receive another FAFSA application within 7-10 days. Disregard that application unless your student is applying for college in Fall 2017.)
- Select "Submit my FAFSA now."
- The final page is titled FAFSA on the Web Submission Confirmation. It should include a line one-third of the way down that states "Your Esimated Expected Family Contribution (EFC)."
- Print (or save as a PDF) two copies of this document (1-2 pages). Keep a copy for your records and upload the PDF (or image) to the IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application.
After You Have Obtained Your EFC
- Fill out the online IUHPFL Financial Assistance Application.
- Step 1 of the form is providing the information from the FAFSA.
- Step 2 of the form consists of five additional questions.
- Sign and date the form and submit before February 1st, 2017.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org before February 1st with any questions about the Financial Assistance Application. Decisions will be announced February 8th, 2017.