Indiana University Libraries Faculty Council (IULFC)
|Bloomington||Erika Dowell (2003-2005), alternate Chair||Jennifer Bryan (2003-2005)||Elizabeth Johnson (2003-2005)||Lynn Hufford (2004-2005)||Bob Goehlert (2004-2006), Chair||B.J. Irvine (2004-2006)|
|Mary Beth Minick (2003-2005)||Randi Stocker (2003-2005)|
|Miriam Murphy (2004-2006)||Carole Gall (2004-2006)|
|Margit Codispoti, IPFW (2003-2005)||Scott Opasik, IUSB (2003-2005)|
|Linda Fisher, IUSB (2004-2006), Secretary||Nancy Totten, IU Southeast (2004-2006)|
Officers: The Board shall elect a chairperson and a secretary from its membership. This committee has no IULFC liaison. (IUL Library Faculty Handbook, p. 12)
Purpose: "To provide all librarians employed by Indiana University with a fair and equitable appeal procedure for those differences which cannot be settled through normal administrative channels and/or the Libraries Human Resources Officer." ( IUL Library Faculty Handbook, p. 5)
Elizabeth Johnson (2004-2006), Chair
Ann O'Bryan (2004-2005)
Nancy Colborn, IUSB (2004-2006)
Immediate Past-Chair (non-voting consultant): Erika Dowell, IUB (2004-2005)
Libraries Human Resources Officer (ex officio): Virginia Sojdehei, IUB
IULFC Liaison: Rebecca Cape, IUB (2004-2005)
Officers: "At its first meeting each year, the Committee shall elect one member with two or more years to serve as vice-chair and that member shall assume the duties of chair the following years." IUL Library Faculty Handbook, p. 6-7)Purpose: (from IUL Library Faculty Handbook, p. 6)
- Review and analyze general responsibilities, privileges, and compensation of the library faculty and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Review existing appointment and promotion and tenure criteria and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Review existing methods for evaluating performance and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Identify documentation that needs to be changed in order to reflect the Promotion & Tenure Review Committee Report recommendations as approved by ballot.
- By mid-November, 2004, draft recommendations to discuss with IULFC.
Andrea Morrison (2003-2005), Chair
Lou Malcomb (2003-2005), Secretary
Moira Smith (2003-2005)
Jackie Byrd (2004-2006)
Steven Schmidt (2003-2005)
Karen Janke (2004-2006)
Rick Ralston (2004-2006)
Melanie Hughes (2003-2005)
Scott Opasik (2004-2006)
Libraries Human Resources Officer (ex officio): Virginia Sojdehei
Officers: "Annually, at its first meeting after July 1, the Committee elects a Vice Chairperson and a Secretary.The Vice Chairperson will succeed to Chairperson on July 1, following election. The Vice Chairperson, Chairperson-elect should be rotated among representatives from the various campuses." This committee has no IULFC liaison.IUL Library Faculty Handbook, p. 37.
Purpose (from IUL Library Faculty Handbook, p. 7):
To review each dossier submitted in the promotion and tenure processes, and to make recommendations to the Dean of University Libraries.
- Revise mid-tenure review letter in consultation with Faculty Standards Committee.
Lynda Clendenning (2003-2005)
Andrea Singer (2004-2006)
Dolores Hoyt (2003-2005)
Kristi Palmer (2004-2006)
Tiffin Adkins, IPFW (2003-2005), Co-chair
Scott Opasik, IUSB (2004-2006) Liaisons:
IPFW: Margit Codispoti, (2004-2006), Co-chair
IUN: Carol Rusinek (2004-2006)
IUSB: Scott Opasik (2004-2006)
IUE: Sherri Hamilton (2003-2005)
IUS: Joyce Owens (2004-2006)
IUK: Gail MacKay (2004-2006)
Frank Quinn (2004-2005)
Officers: At its first meeting of the academic year, the Committee shall elect one member of the Committee with two years to serve as vice-chair, and that member shall assume the duties of chair the following year. IUL Library Faculty Handbook, p. 9)Purpose:(from the IUL Library Faculty Handbook, p. 8)
- To monitor the research needs of the IU Library Faculty.
- To develop means of addressing those needs.
- To encourage research by the IU Library Faculty and to raise their research consciousness.
- To raise the consciousness of the University community about IU librarians doing research.
- Work with the Librarians' Day Committee to sponsor an author's reception at Librarians' Day in order to promote all research and creative activities of IU librarians during the past year.
- Coordinate with Librarians' Day Committee on the Librarians' Day budget.
- Explore ways to lower the cost of the authors' reception
- Continue to develop, promote, and update the online directories of librarian's research activities, funding sources, and current research interests.
Cecile Jagodzinski (2003-2005)
Wen-ling Liu (2003-2005), Chair
Jo McClamroch (2004-2006)
Nancy Totten (2004-2006), Vice-Chair
Libraries Human Resources Officer: Virginia Sojdehei
Officers: Each year the Indiana University Librarians Sabbatical Leave Committee will elect one member of the Committee with two or more years to serve as vice-chairperson, and that member shall assume the duties of chairperson the following year. There is no IULFC Liaison to the Committee.IUL Library Faculty Handbook: Sabbatical Leave Program Guidelines, p. 66)
Purpose: (from the IUL Library Faculty Handbook, p. 9):
The function of this Committee shall be to consider sabbatical leave proposals of librarians from the Bloomington and regional campuses and to make recommendations to the Dean of University Libraries.
- Chart what is done concerning sabbatical leaves on the regional campuses and document sabbatical leave procedures for all campus.
- Determine during the last three years how many librarians have take sabbatical leave.
- Determine how many librarians have taken maximum leave.
- Determine how many librarians have taken split leaves.
- For split leave, determine how the leave is split.
- Determine for what reasons librarians are taking sabbatical leave.
- Investigate a more visible reporting mechanism for those librarians who have taken sabbaticals.
Gwen Pershing (2003-2005)
Rebecca Cape (2004-2006), Chair
Mahnaz Moshfegh, Law Library (2003-05)
Lora Baldwin (2004-2006) Libraries Human Resources Officer (ex officio): Virginia Sojdehei
Administrative Liaison (non-voting): Susan Yoon
IULFC Liaison: Susan London (2004-2005), IUPUI Medical Library
Purpose:(IUL Library Faculty Handbook, p. 10): The function of the committee shall be to consider all applications for the White Award. (Further explanation of the Award can be found in the IUL Library Faculty Handbook, p. 81-85).
Lynda Clendenning (2004-2005), Chair
Sue London (2004-2006) Regional:
Steve McShane (2004-2006) IULFC liaison: Sue London (2004-2006)
Members: The Librarians' Day committee shall consist of three (3) members. One (1) member shall be from Bloomington, one (1) member from the Indianapolis campus and one (1) member from the regional campuses. One member of the committee shall be a member of IULFC. It would be preferable if one member had served on the committee the year before. All members are appointed by the IULFC at the first meeting of the year. ( IUL Library Faculty Handbook, p. 5)
Purpose (from the IUL Library Faculty Handbook, p. 5): The function of the committee shall be to arrange the annual Indiana University Librariansí Day meeting. The purpose of Librariansí Day is to provide a forum for discussion of current topics and interaction among IU Librarians.
- Coordinate Librarians' Day budget with the Research Committee.
- Formulate a budget that will cover event expenses.
- Review 2003-04 Librarians' Day Committee Report recommendations for follow-up.
- Update Librarians' Day Manual.