Minutes: January 30, 2011
- Our MAPS office is located on the 7th floor of the Chemistry building, Room A708. You can obtain a key to enter the room from the chemistry library. We store the test bank in the office so feel free to go there and make use of the resources.
- Nutrition and science day was on Friday January 28th 2011. We would like to thank all the volunteers and committee members who made the day happen. It was a lot of fun!
- This Friday at 5:30pm in Chemistry 033 we will be having our first diversity lecture series. Dr. Rothenberg will be speaking on his personal journey into the field of medicine and answering any questions you may have. This event is free to the IU campus so please invite your friends. Dinner will follow but you must RSVP. Please email Phil Forys firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP. The free dinner is exclusive to MAPS members ONLY!
Our upcoming events include
- Networking Night - email@example.com
- Diversity lecture series - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health programs fair - email@example.com
- National conference - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maps Retreat - email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Poker Night - Fundraising event - email@example.com
- Professionalism workshop - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Medical Student mentors - email@example.com
- End of the year banquet - firstname.lastname@example.org
Once again, we urge you to get involved by helping plan at least one event per semester. This not only gives you experience, it also ensures that you get inducted into MAPS during our end of the year banquet. If you would like to help plan any of the above events, please email the event coordinator listed above. To get a full description of the events listed above please visit our website on http://www.indiana.edu/~iumaps/index.html
Our next general body meeting will be Sunday February 6th 2011 in BH 005.