The IU Retirees Association meets monthly during the school year, September through May.
The October, November, January, February, and April meetings feature speakers who are top IU administrators, scholars, coaches, or outstanding community leaders. These meetings are typically at 2 p.m.
In September and December, luncheon meetings offer special programs and fellowship.
The May meeting is a pitch-in supper that showcases members' culinary skills.
Unless otherwise indicated, all meetings are in the Peterson Room at the Indiana University Foundation.Programs for 2016-17
Complete coverage of each meeting is available in the monthly IURA newsletters, archived on this web site. See: Newsletters.
- Sept. 14, 11:30 a.m. -- Fall Luncheon, Bloomington Mayor John Hamilton, IUF.
- Oct. 19, 2 p.m.-- "Changing Times: Three Deans' Perspectives on Trends in Student Life Over the past 50 Years" (Dick McKaig, Pete Goldsmith, and Lori Reesor), DeVault Alumni Center.
- Nov. 9, 2 p.m.-- Teri Moren, IU women's basketball coach, IUF
- Dec. 14, 11:30 a.m. -- Singing Hoosiers, Holiday Luncheon, IUF.
- Jan. 11, 2 p.m. -- David A. Brenneman, director, IU Art Museum, IUF
- Feb. 8, 2 p.m. -- Glenn Gass, IUF
- March -- No meeting
- Apr. 12, 2 p.m.-- Dr. Rob Stone, IUF.
- May 10, 5 p.m. -- Randy White, Cardinal Stage; Pitch In Dinner, IUF.
Members of the program committee are Doug Porter (chair), Bill McGregor, Carol Stokes, Suzanne Phillips. (Resource members: Joan Curts, John Hobson, and Dick and Maribeth McKaig.) Contact any of them with program ideas.