The IU Retirees Association meets monthly during the school year, September through May.
The October, November, January, February, and April meetings feature speakers who are top IU administrators, scholars, coaches, or outstanding community leaders. These meetings are typically at 2 p.m.
In September and December, luncheon meetings offer special programs and fellowship.
The May meeting is a pitch-in supper that showcases our members' culinary skills.
Unless otherwise indicated, all meetings are in the Peterson Room at the Indiana University Foundation.Programs for 2014-15
Complete coverage of each meeting is available in the monthly IURA newsletters, archived on this web site. See: Newsletters.
- Sept. 10, 11:30 a.m. - Mark Kruzan, Bloomington mayor
- Oct. 8, 2 p.m. - Gladys DeVane, storyteller and actress
- Nov. 12, 2 p.m. - Chris Lemonis, IU's new baseball coach
- Feb. 11, 2 p.m. - Jennifer Vaughan, chancellor of Ivy Tech Bloomington
- Dec. 10 - Holiday luncheon with Steve Zegree, director of the Singing Hoosiers
- Jan. 14, 2 p.m. - Dan Smith, president of IU Foundation
- Apr. 8, 2 p.m. - A surprise
- May 13, 5 p.m. - Annual pitch-in dinner at the IU Foundation
Members of the program committee are Joan Curts, Carol Stokes, John Hobson, Dick and Maribeth McKaig, and Don Weaver. Contact any of them with program ideas.