The IU Retirees Association meets monthly during the school year, September through May.
The October, November, January, February, and April meetings feature speakers who are top IU administrators, scholars, coaches, or outstanding community leaders. These meetings are typically at 2 p.m.
In September and December, luncheon meetings offer special programs and fellowship.
The May meeting is a pitch-in supper that showcases our members' culinary skills.
Unless otherwise indicated, all meetings are in the Peterson Room at the Indiana University Foundation.Programs for 2015-16
Complete coverage of each meeting is available in the monthly IURA newsletters, archived on this web site. See: Newsletters.
- Sept. 9, 11:30 a.m. -- Fall Luncheon with Mark Moore from IU Health/Bloomington
- Oct. 14, 2 p.m.-- IU faculty athletics representative Kurt Zorn (at IU Alumni Center)
- Nov. 11, 2 p.m.-- James Shanahan, founding dean of IU's new Media School
- Dec. 9, 11:30 a.m. -- Holiday luncheon with program to be announced
- Jan. 13, 2 p.m. -- Historian Jim Madison on Indianas 2016 Bicentennial
- Feb. 10, 2 p.m. -- Tom Hustad on coronetist Ruby Braff (at IU Alumni Center)
- Apr. 13, 2 p.m.-- Political scientist Marjorie Hershey on the 2016 elections. Location TBA.
- May 11, 5 p.m. -- Year-End Buffet, Meadowood Retirement Community
Members of the program committee are Joan Curts (chair), Carol Stokes, John Hobson, and Dick McKaig. Contact any of them with program ideas.