The IU Retirees Association meets monthly during the school year, September through May.
The October, November, January, February, and April meetings feature speakers who are top IU administrators, scholars, coaches, or outstanding community leaders. These meetings are typically at 2 p.m.
In September and December, luncheon meetings offer special programs and fellowship.
The May meeting is a pitch-in supper that showcases our members' culinary skills.
Unless otherwise indicated, all meetings are in the Peterson Room at the Indiana University Foundation.Programs for 2013-14
Complete coverage of each meeting is available in the monthly IURA newsletters, archived on this web site. See: Newsletters.
- September 11 meeting (At Terry's Banquets and Catering.) -- Terry Clapacs, "IU and Limestone: The Tie that Binds."
- October 9 meeting -- Fred Glass, IU vice president and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
- November 13 meeting -- Idie Kesner, dean, IU Kelley School of Business
- December 11 Luncheon (At Terry's Banquets and Catering.) -- Michael Shelden, author, Mark Twain: Man in White.
- January 15 meeting -- Perry Metz, executive director of IU Radio and Television Services, including WFIU and WTIU.
- Feburary 12 meeting -- Geraldo Gonzalez, dean, IU School of Education, "Life in Cuba Today"
- April 9 meeting -- Ken Beckley, retired president IU Alumni Associaton and author, Knuckleball
- May 8, Annual Pitch-in Dinner, IUF, 5 pm -- Program, TBA
Members of the program committee are Joan Curts, Bob Fox, John Hobson, Dick and Maribeth McKaig, and Don Weaver. Contact any of them with program ideas.