Craig Cravens, Ph.D.
Office number: GA 4043
E-mail address: email@example.com
Degree: Ph.D., Princeton University 1998.
Dissertation: “Pushkin's Evgenji Onegin, Dostoevsky's Besy, Capek's Hordubal, and Kundera's Zert: The First-Person Novel in Czech and Russian Literature.”
Specialties/Research Interests: Czech underground culture, Modern Czech literature, Czech-Russian literary relations, Jára (da) Cimrman, literary translation.
Editor in Chief of Three String Books, Slavica Publishers
- Modern Czech Cinema
- Robots and Beer Pubs: Czech Culture from 863 to 1989 (C223)
- From Kafka to Kundera: Modern Czech Literature (C364)
- Czech language
- Russian Language
- Magdaléna Platzová, Aaron’s Leap (Bellevue Literary Press, 2014)
- Ivan Klíma, My Crazy Century (Grove Atlantic, 2013)
- Vladimír Macura, The Mystifications of a Nation, with Hana Píchová (Wisconsin UP, 2010)
- Michal Viewegh, What’s So Special About Christmas, Anyway? (Garamond, 2010)
- Jan Neruda, Prague Tales From the Little Quarter (Vitalis, 2005)
- Vladimír Páral, Lovers & Murderers (Catbird Press, 2001)