Christina Zarifopol-Illias, Ph.D.
Office number: BH 560
Office telephone: (812) 855-3739
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Degree: Ph.D., Indiana University, 1994.
Specialties/Research Interests: Romanian language and literature; Romanian history and politics; Latin literature; Ancient rhetoric.
Published Work and Current project(s):
- New Correspondence: Mihai Eminescu-Veronica Micle. Polirom, 2000.
- Portrait of a Pragmatic Hero: Narrative Strategies of Self-Presentation in Pliny’s Letters. Polirom, 2000.
- Two outstanding Romanian educators in the first half of the 20th Century: Neculai and Elisa Bancea, a case study. Bucharest: Anima Publishing House, 2011.
- translations from Romanian poetry
- IU Trustees Teaching Excellence (2002)
- Teaching Excellence Recognition Award (1998, 1999, 2000)
- Romanian National Order “Faithful Service” (2000)
- Kenneth Rexroth Memorial Translation Prize (1999)
- Rated A+ as teacher by the IU students (1994)
Courses regularly taught:
- Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced Romanian.
- First-year Latin.