Svitlana Melnyk, Ph.D.
Office number: BH 577
Office telephone: (812) 855-1868
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Degree: Ph.D in Philoogy, Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, 1996.
Specialties/Research Interests: Sociolinguistics, Ukrainian-Russian bilingualism, linguistic minorities, and language management.
Current project: Color categorization in bilingual and trilingual speakers; Language policy and recent sociolinguistic developments in Ukraine
- Hogan-Brun, G. & Melnyk, S. (2012) Language policy management in the former Soviet sphere. In Spolsky B. (ed.) The Cambridge Handbook of Language Policy, pp. 592-616
- Melnyk, S & Csernicsko, S. (2010) Etnichne ta movne rozmaittia Ukrainy, (Ethnic and linguistic diversity in Ukraine). Uzhhorod: PoliPrint
- Bilaniuk, L. & Melnyk, S (2008) A tense and shifting balance: Bilingualism and eduation in Ukriane. International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism, Volume 11, pp. 340-372
Courses I have taught at IU:
- Advanced Russian
- Business Russian
- Russian Stylistics and Syntax
- Intermediate Ukrainian
- Elementary Ukrainian
- Intro to Ukrainiana culture