Funding opportunities for graduate study:
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Fellowships and Assistantships from Indiana University
- IU Internal Fellowships & Awards
- Indiana University GradGrants Center
- Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowships (U.S. citizens or permanent residents only)
For information on funding for graduate student research, exchanges, travel to conferences, pre-dissertation travel, and external sources for dissertation research grants, please refer to the Russian and East European Institute's Funding Notice.
- There are typically no teaching opportunities for first-year MA students.
- Second-year MA students and PhD students may apply to teach in the department as language instructors or as associate instructors (AIs) for select non-language courses. Students who wish to teach are required to take a one-semester pedagogy course, R 592.