Course Offerings & Syllabi
The Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures (SLAV) offers courses designed to meet a wide range of needs and interests in Russian, Polish, Czech, Serbian and Croatian, and Romanian.
The course descriptions below are for all courses that have been offered by the department in the last ten years and that we expect could be offered again; actual course offerings change from semester to semester. For a list of courses and course descriptions specific to a particular semester or summer session, refer to the IU Registrar Schedule of Classes or the Current Semester Course Descriptions site maintained by the Dean of Faculties.
- Russian language
- Russian literature and culture in English translation
- Other Slavic and East European languages
- Other Slavic literatures and cultures in English translation
- Related courses
- The graduate Russian program
- Russian literature courses
- The graduate program in Russian linguistics
- The graduate program in other Slavic and East European languages and literatures
Please refer directly to the Summer Workshop in Slavic and East European Languages (SWSEEL) website for descriptions of summer courses.