How to Submit to the Journal
The Journal of the Indiana University Student Personnel Association
Guidelines for Authors
The following guidelines, which are consistent with those of other professional journals, are offered to assist authors in preparing manuscripts for submission:
- Manuscripts must be prepared according to the format and guidelines of The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA), Sixth Edition.
- Manuscripts must be double spaced on 8.5” x 11” paper with a 1” margin on all sides. Set all text in 12-point Times New Roman type. All pages should be numbered with title (no name) in top right corner.
- Manuscripts should not be longer than 20 double-spaced, typewritten pages, including 50-75 word abstract and tables (not including references). Exceptions should be discussed with the co-editors prior to submission.
- Submissions will be accepted electronically until Friday, January 17, 2014 at 5:00 pm. More information about the submission process will be sent in the coming weeks.
- Language is a powerful tool. Authors are reminded to use words that cannot be read as biased, oppressive, or offensive by reasonable people. Such resources as The Non-Sexist Word Finder: A Dictionary of Gender Free Usage and the Dictionary for Bias-Free Usage: A Guide to Non-Discriminatory Language may be useful in finding appropriate language substitutions. Avoid the use of the term “subject.” Use more specific references such as “student,” “client,” or “participant” instead.
- Use titles that are short and descriptive of the manuscript’s content. Do not use abbreviations in titles.
- Only citations included in the manuscript should be listed in the references. Double check all references to ensure that all sources are cited in the text appear in the references and vice versa. Make sure all references are complete and correct. Authors are responsible for the accuracy of all references, quotations, tables, and figures.
- The Journal Review Board will consider manuscripts through a blind review system. The text of manuscripts must not contain any clues to the authors’ identities. Up to one-third of the articles selected for publication in the journal may be submitted by Ph.D. students.
- Manuscripts that are under consideration by another publication or that are intended to be submitted to another publication must not be submitted under any circumstances. Material previously published, in whole or in part, cannot be submitted unless it is discussed with the co-editors prior to submission.
- Authors are responsible for adhering to accepted standards for conducting research involving human subjects, and if selected for publication research articles must have written documentation of human subjects approval.
To Submit an article for review, visit this website:
Feel free to contact the IUSPA Journal Editors if you have any questions about the submission, review, or publication process by emailing email@example.com.
You can also view information online about the Journal, as well as past editions, at:
http://www.indiana.edu/~iuspa/journal/index.html. We invite you to look over the FAQ at the foot of this letter before preparing to submit your work.