" A Dance..."
IU Swing Club Presents:
Big Red Swing and Blues Vintage Dance Weekend!!!
March 28th - 30th
Go to our Eventbrite Site to register for the event!!
Classes: 1 full track of Lindy Hop and 1 full track of Blues lessons.
Evening Dances: Two Friday and Two Saturday!! A Jazz dance and a Blues dance each night!!
Workshop Schedule: Coming Soon...
Instructors: We're importing some of the best insructors from both coasts:
Friday night — we are proud to introduce the competition with the Best. Name. Ever, the Red Solo Cup — a chance to showcase your finest solo jazz and blues moves!
Saturday night — Get coupled up in a Lindy Hop Jack & Jill competition!
Saturday late night — experience the amazing Blues Obstacle Course!
Whether you choose to compete or just watch and admire, the talent on display will be something to remember!
The IU Swing Club always strives to make its workshops as affordable as possible for everybody, and to offer incredible value for your money. For this event, the prices are:
- Super early bird registration: Just $40 for the first ten registrants!
- Early bird registration: Just $55 for the next ten registrants (through Thursday, February 13)!
- Discount registration: $65 through Thursday, March 13.
- Full price registration: $75 through Monday, March 24.
- Extra discount! $10 off if you're a student (not just at IU, but anywhere), or if you're a member of the IU Swing Club (whether you're a student or not)! (Only applies after the Super Early Bird period.)
- Friday Night Dance: Just $10 if you're attending the dance but not the whole workshop!
- Saturday Night Dance: Continuing our popular "Will Dance For Food" tradition of making Saturday's dance a charity benefit, there is no charge for admission, but we ask everyone (whether you're attending the full Workshop or not) to please bring a can of food to donate to the Hoosier Hills Food Bank.
Directions and Parking:
HPER Maps and Directions (includes a map of the building)
The easiest way to get to the room is to go to the back door, inbetween the HPER building and the Art Museum. It is right across from the big red dumpsters.
Parking Lot Information
Parking in all University garages is free from 6:00 PM Friday until 7:00 AM Monday. This does not include IMU Paid Lot No. 1 and IMU Paid Lot No. 2. The closest is Jordan and 11th&Fee parking garages.