Get a Handle on Your Health
It's difficult to go on a trip without a map. Health assessments provide the starting place and often offer a map to guide you to your destination. These links offer assessment and information for your wellness journey.
- Anthem Health Assessment: IU staff who are enrolled in an IU health plan can use Anthem’s MyHealth Assessment tool to identify health risks and work on improving wellness.
- My Life Check: This American Heart Association assessment promotes seven steps to a heart-healthy life.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator: Use this American Cancer Society tool to find your BMI, a common indicator of health.
- Calorie Counter: The American Cancer Society provides this tool to help people calculate how many calories they need to maintain their current weight—and how many to start losing.
- Nutrition and Activity Quiz: Let this American Cancer Society quiz help you determine if you’re “living smart.”
- Sun Safety IQ Test: Do you know your sun smarts? Find out with the American Cancer Society tool.
- Target Heart Rate Calculator: You’ll get the most efficient workout by staying in this range. Find out yours with this American Cancer Society tool.
Check with your doctor before changing your activity level if you are over 40, have a personal or family history of high blood pressure or cardiovascular problems, if you're a smoker, or if you haven't had a checkup lately.