IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Capital of South Australia
- Lively city of one million surrounded by parks
- On beach, near Outback and wine country
- February to June--OR--
July to November
- Semester Program at The University of Adelaide (13,000 students)
- Full range of university courses, including strong programs in Australian studies, Asian studies, natural sciences, visual arts, music. (Check the University of Adelaide course timetable for details.)
- All classes with Australian students
- 12-15 credits per term in four University courses
- Small-group tutorials, term papers
- Single rooms in residential colleges, apartments in university accommodation, or independent housing.
Students must apply independently for housing in Adelaide just as Australian students do. Students interested in the residential college or apartments in University accommodation should apply for these options early, even before they are accepted to the program. Please visit the University of Adelaide’s Accommodation Service for details.
Overseas Study encourages students to apply for more than one housing option simultaneously as there is limited space available. Some housing options will require an application fee and an extensive application. If there is no availability in the residential colleges or University accommodation, students will need to consider other housing options such as private rental accommodation. All students are eligible to apply for temporary accommodation during the first few weeks in Adelaide while they search for other housing options. If you have questions, please contact Overseas Study.
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your fourth full-time semester of college, and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA
Biology majors need to have completed L111, L112 and L113 (or an upper-level lab) prior to participation in the program.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- Limited number of exchange scholarships available for Indiana residents and $500-$750 grants available for a limited number of non-exchange Indiana residents. (To apply, complete Australia Exchange application when you apply online for this program.)
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Profile of Kerry Leuschel who studied abroad in Adelaide, Australia.
Fall 2010 or AY 2010-11: February 22, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU faculty committee screens applications for final approval from Adelaide. Notification of application status sent electronically within four weeks of application deadline.
IU faculty committee screens applications for final approval from Adelaide.
Notification of application status sent electronically within four weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
Fees paid to IU: $640 Tuition & fees paid to The University of Adelaide*: $9,641 Average room and board paid to The University of Adelaide: $4,200 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* will fluctuate with the exchange rate at the time of billing. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
* will fluctuate with the exchange rate at the time of billing.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.