IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Seaside resort city on Spain's southeastern coast
- Easy access to North Africa and Mallorca
- Home to one of Spain's newest and most modern universities
- January to May --OR--
late August to December
- Semester Program with Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) at the University of Alicante
- 30 U.S. students
- "Language in Context" program* track
- Designed for students who have completed 1-2 semesters of Spanish
- Intensive study of Spanish grammar, conversation, composition and reading
- Courses in Spanish history, art, literature, sociology, and business taught in English for CIEE students only
*Note: IU selectively co-sponsors CIEE program offerings, including the one described on this page, but not all CIEE tracks/offerings. Please contact Overseas Study for clarification.
- 17 IU credits
- Intensive language course during the first 3 weeks of the semester (3 credits)
- Two (2) semester language courses (4 credits each)
- Two (2) CIEE area studies courses taugh in English (3 credits each)
- Spanish homes
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your third full-time semester of college,
- have taken or are enrolled in first semester or first year Spanish, but not yet have begun second year Spanish, and
- have approximately a 2.75 cumulative GPA.
* Students in S200-S250, see Seville - Language & Society Program; in S280 or above, see Seville - Liberal Arts Program or IU Madrid program.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- CIEE scholarships and grants available. CIEE scholarship applications should be submitted to Overseas Study at the time of application.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
IU portion of fee: $640 CIEE portion of fee*: $11,685 (includes tuition, housing, meals, insurance, excursions) See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
*Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
*Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.