IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Lively capital of a rapidly modernizing European Union nation
- Major archeological and historical sites
- Rich cultural life
- January to May --OR--
September to December --OR--
September to May
- Semester Program with College Year in Athens (CYA)
- 80 U.S. students
- 14-18 credits per semester in Ancient Greek Civilization and Mediterranean Studies, taught in English for CYA students only. Courses include Greek history, politics, art history, archaeology, religion, philosophy and literature.
- Courses in Latin and ancient and modern Greek
- 15 IU credits for 5 CYA courses
- Furnished apartments with other CYA students
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your fourth full-time semester of college, and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during the program period are not eligible.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CYA. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CYA.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
2009-10 (Per Semester)
Fee paid to IU: $640 CYA fee: $17,200 (includes academic fees, room, some meals, study trips, health insurance) Other meals: $800 - $1,300 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $600 due to CYA 4 weeks after acceptance.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $600 due to CYA 4 weeks after acceptance.