IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Atlantic coast city in northeastern Brazil
- Unique, medium-sized urban environment with Afro-Brazilian customs and cultures
- Mid-January to late June --OR--
Late June to mid-December --OR--
Late June to late June
- Semester Program with Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) at the Universidade Catolica do Salvador
- 45 U.S. students
- 15-17 IU credit hours
- Orientation on-site
- 4-week intensive language and culture course for CIEE students only
- Intensive Portuguese (3 cr)
- Contemporary Brazil core course (3 cr)
- Required Portuguese language and Brazilian culture course, the option for program semester long electives, as well as courses in humanities and social sciences with Brazilian students at the Universidade Catolica do Salvador (9-11 cr)
- Bahian homestay
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your third full-time semester of college,
- have completed four semesters of Portuguese, OR two semesters of Portuguese and two semesters of Spanish, and
- have approximately a 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- CIEE scholarships and grants available. CIEE scholarship applications should be submitted to Overseas Study at the time of application.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010 or Academic Year 2010-11: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
IU portion of fee: $640 CIEE portion of fee*: $13,680 (includes tuition, orientation, medical insurance, field trips, room and all meals) See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
*Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
*Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.