IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Culturally diverse city on the Mediterranean coast
- See art by Picasso and Miró, architecture by Gaudí
- Ideally located for travel to France and the Balaeric Islands
- May 25 to July 24, 2010
- Summer Business Internship Program with the Institute for the International Education of Students (IES)
- 40 U.S. students
- Unpaid internship in business or social service agencies for credit
- Required language class
- Orientation program covering cultural and practical information
- 4 credits in Spanish language (level assigned by placement test)
- 3-credit internship placement with academic seminar (BUS-X 480)
- Spanish home, student apartments or residence halls
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any IU campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are a Business major or are admitted to the Liberal Arts and Management Program (LAMP)*,
- have taken or are enrolled in fourth semester Spanish and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA and a B average in Spanish, and
- have completed (or will complete) E201, E202 and the Business Integrative Core (or equivalent coursework on an IU campus outside Bloomington).
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- Kelley School of Business Overseas Study Scholarships
- IES Need-based, Merit-based, Diversity Scholarships, Legacy Scholarships and Disability Grants available. Visit IES Web site and select "Scholarships" from top navigation bar.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Summer 2010: February 1, 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from IES. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from IES.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU portion of fee: $393 IES portion of fee: $6,755 (academic fees, housing, orientation, health insurance) Meals: $1,100 International airfare: $1,000 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due upon acceptance.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due upon acceptance.