IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Argentina's cultural, economic and political capital
- Dynamic, cosmopolitan city with lively cultural scene, varied architecture, broad boulevards
- Mid-March to late July --OR--
Late July to mid-December
- Semester Program with Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) at the Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales (FLACSO), the most prestigious teaching program in the social sciences in Latin America
- 120 U.S. students
- 2-week intensive CIEE Spanish class followed by semester Spanish class at University of Buenos Aires
- Social science courses at FLACSO taught by Argentinian professors for CIEE students
- Wide range of courses at University of Buenos Aires (UBA), Pontifica Universidad Católica Argentina (UCA), Instituto Universitario Nacional de Arte (IUNA) with Argentinian students
- 15 IU credit hours
- 4 IU credits in Spanish language
- 3-6 IU credits in 1-2 FLACSO courses
- 6-9 credits in 3-4 University of Buenos Aires courses
- Argentinian homes
- Student residences with Argentinian roommates
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your third full-time semester of college,
- have taken or are enrolled in at least sixth semester Spanish
- have coursework in Latin American studies or social sciences, and
- have approximately a 2.75 cumulative GPA and a B average in Spanish.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- All applicants will be considered for the annual Rachel Di Pietro James CIEE Scholarship of $1,000.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- CIEE scholarships and grants available. CIEE scholarship applications should be submitted to Overseas Study at the time of application.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Profile of Cara Overholser who studied abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Fall 2010: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
IU portion of fee: $640 CIEE portion of fee*: $13,537 (includes tuition, room, breakfast, medical insurance, field trips) Additional daily meal: $1,250 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
*Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students. Airfare, other meals, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
*Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students.
Airfare, other meals, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.