IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Capital city
- Melting Pot of Ancient and Modern Egyptian Civilizations
- Home of one of the Seven Wonders of the World: The Great Pyramid of Giza
- New campus located on 260 acres in a suburb of New Cairo
- June 9 to July 20, 2010
- Summer Program at The American University in Cairo (AUC)
- Enrollment of over 5,000 students; 200 U.S. and international students
- Non-degree Summer Session program*
- Full range of university courses in humanities, social sciences, economics, journalism, and Islamic and Middle Eastern Studies
- Courses taught in English
- Required 3-credit Arabic language course
*Note: IU selectively co-sponsors AUC program offerings, including the one described on this page, but not all AUC tracks/offerings. Please contact Overseas Study for clarification.
- Program requires enrollment in one Arabic language course and and one additional course
- 3 credits in Arabic language (beginning, intermediate or advanced)
- 3 credits from selection of summer course offerings
- Student residence hall or furnished apartments
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your fourth full-time semester of college, and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
*Business majors must have completed (or will complete) E201, E202 and the Business Integrative Core (or equivalent coursework at an IU campus outside Bloomington).
*Liberal Arts and Management Program (LAMP) students must have completed BUS K201, ECON E201 and E202
Prior coursework with Middle Eastern Studies content is strongly recommended.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- For Business students: Kelley School of Business Overseas Study Scholarships
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
How to Apply for this Program
Summer 2010: February 1, 2010
IU committee screens applications. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fees paid to IU: $365 Tuition paid to AUC: $4,794 Room and meals: $1,950 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $250 due to AUC upon acceptance.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $250 due to AUC upon acceptance.