- Famous cathedral city
- Surrounded by orchards, hills, hop fields and picturesque villages
- One hour southeast of London
- Mid-September to mid-June
- Academic Year Program at the University of Kent (13,000 students)
- Full range of university courses in the humanities, social sciences, math, and physical sciences
- 300-acre campus
- Ideal for students to take courses in their major and/or minor
- All classes taken with British students
- 12-14 IU exchange students
- 32 IU credits per year (equivalent to 120 Kent credits)
- Students choose modules (word for “courses” at Kent) in their Catalogue of Modules for short-term study
- Modules typically carry 15 or 30 Kent credits (equates to 4 or 8 IU credits respectively); students select a combination of classes for 60 Kent credits per term
- Single room in university apartment shared with 3-4 other students
- Single room in one of four residential colleges
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your fourth full-time semester of college,
- have significant background (9-12 credits) in a field you can pursue at Kent, and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Overseas Study Scholarships, including Minority Scholarships and Scholarships for Students from IU campuses other than Bloomington.
- Most IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Profile of Abby Schuh who studied abroad in Canterbury, England.
Academic Year 2010-11: January 19, 2010
Required interview for applicants within 3-4 weeks of application deadline (further instructions will be provided). Notification of application status sent electronically within 2 weeks of interview.
Required interview for applicants within 3-4 weeks of application deadline (further instructions will be provided).
Notification of application status sent electronically within 2 weeks of interview.
Academic Year 2010-11
Fees paid to IU: (tuition, health insurance, orientation)
- Indiana resident: $10,131
- Non-resident: $22,795
Room & meals in England: $8,550-$12,550 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010.