- Cosmopolitan capital of Hungary
- Panoramic location on majestic Danube River
- Capital of important emerging market
- January to May --OR--
September to December
- Semester Program at Corvinus University
- 80 international students
- 15 IU credits
- Required 3-credit conversational Hungarian course
- Courses in East and Central European economics, politics, history, culture, and social issues taught in English by Corvinus University faculty (3 credits each)
- At least one course in business and economics taught in English at Corvinus University (3 credits each)
- Apartments with Hungarian students
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are a Business major or are admitted to the Liberal Arts and Management Program (LAMP)*,
- are making normal academic progress at any Indiana University campus,
- have completed E201, E202 and the Business Integrative Core (or equivalent coursework at an IU campus outside Bloomington) prior to the start of the program, and
- have a cumulative GPA of approximately a 3.0.
*LAMP students must have completed BUS K201 or equivalent, and ECON E201 and E202
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- Most IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs.
- Overseas Study Scholarships, including Minority Scholarships and Scholarships for Students from IU campuses other than Bloomington.
- Kelley School of Business Overseas Study Scholarships
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Spring 2010 Semester
Fee paid to IU: (academic fees, health insurance)
- Indiana resident: $5,463
- Nonresident: $12,804
Meals: $1,100 Housing: 350€ per month for apartments, 200€ per month for dorms See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due upon acceptance.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due upon acceptance.