- Known as "City of Eternal Spring"
- Lively state capital of 900,000
- 50 miles south of Mexico City
- May 25 to July 8, 2010
- Summer language study at the Tec's prestigious language institute
- Small private university Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Tec)
- IU faculty resident director, Prof. Ana Osan, IU Northwest Department of Modern Languages
- Special program for 100 international students (25 students from IU)
- Group excursions to Mexico City and Puebla
- Optional trips to Acapulco and Taxco
- 4 hours of class daily in Spanish language
- 6 IUB credits in Spanish:*
- S200 and S250 (Intermedio I)
- S250 and S280 (Intermedio II)
- S280 and S317 or S324 and S317(Avanzado I)
- S308 and S317 or S315 and S317 (Avanzado II)
* Or equivalent at other IU campuses
Note: IU credit based on coursework previously completed at IU and Tec placement exam.
- Housing and all meals in Mexican home
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a degree candidate at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your second full-time semester of college,
- have completed or are enrolled in at least Spanish S150 or S105 this year,
- have at least a "B" average in Spanish, and
- have approximately a cumulative 2.75 GPA.
- Overseas Study Scholarships, including Minority Scholarships and Scholarships for Students from IU campuses other than Bloomington.
- IUB Department of Spanish & Portuguese Crouse Scholarship
- Most IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Summer 2010: February 15, 2010
IU committee screens applications. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fee paid to IU: (tuition, insurance, room, meals, shuttle bus pass, trips to Mexico City and Puebla, and bus to & from Mexico City airport to Cuernavaca)
- Indiana resident: $4,091
- Nonresident: $4,591
International Airfare: $725 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
Personal expenses and weekend travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due March 12, 2010.
Personal expenses and weekend travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due March 12, 2010.