- City of Renaissance architectural masterpieces
- Italian art treasures
- 3 hours from Venice and Rome
- May 9 to June 18, 2010
- Summer Program
- Culture and drawing courses taught in English by IU faculty
- Elementary and intermediate Italian
- Class trips to museums, churches, palaces
- Day trips to nearby Tuscan towns
- Weekends free for individual travel
- Program Directors: Andrea Ciccarelli, IU Department of French & Italian, and Caleb Weintraub, IU Hope School of Fine Arts
- 30-35 IU Students
- 6 credits in 2 courses:
- Renaissance Florence (M234)*
- Drawing (S200, S301 or S401)
- Italian language (M100, M150, M200, M250 or M300)
*(COAS Culture Studies List A)
- 4-5 students in shared rooms in centrally-located pensione in historic building
- Breakfast and supper weekdays at the pensione
You may apply if you
- are a degree candidate at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress, and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriate match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- Overseas Study Scholarships, including Minority Scholarships and Scholarships for Students from IU campuses other than Bloomington.
- Lois A. Hendricks $750 Minority Scholarship
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Summer 2010: February 1, 2010
Fees paid to IU: (academic fees, room, breakfast and supper weekdays, class trips, day trips, health insurance)
- Indiana resident $6,319
- Nonresident $6,819
Additional meals: $500 International airfare: $1,200 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
Vacation travel and personal expenses additional. Initial pre-payment of $500 due March 1, 2010.
Vacation travel and personal expenses additional.
Initial pre-payment of $500 due March 1, 2010.