IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Southwestern Germany, near French & Swiss borders
- Near European Union centers in Strasbourg, Luxembourg and Brussels
- Beautiful, historic university city
- January to May --OR--
September to December
- Semester Program on the EU with the Institute for the International Education of Students (IES)
- EU Center in Freiburg
- 35 U.S. students
- IES "European Union" program*
- Orientation with intensive German
- European Union Studies integrative seminar and Model EU simulation
- 20 courses on the European Union taught in English for IES students only
- Elementary and intermediate German language courses
- Field trips to Luxembourg, Brussels, Paris, Strasbourg
- Unpaid internships with political parties, governance bodies, and NGOs, where available
*Note: IU selectively co-sponsors IES program offerings, including the one described on this page, but not all IES tracks/offerings. Please contact Overseas Study for clarification.
- Program requires enrollment in German language course, integrative EU seminar, and three IES center courses.
- 16 IU credits in German language (3 credits), EU seminar (4 credits), and 3 IES courses
- Co-ed German student residences
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your fourth full-time semester of college, and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- IES Need-based, Merit-based, Diversity Scholarships, Legacy Scholarships and Disability Grants available. Visit IES Web site and select "Scholarships" from the top navigation bar.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
IU portion of fee: $640 IES portion of fee*: $16,215 (includes tuition, housing, health insurance) Meals: $2,800 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
*Program fee reflects discounted fee for IU students after benefit of the $1,500 IES Public University Grant. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
*Program fee reflects discounted fee for IU students after benefit of the $1,500 IES Public University Grant.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.