- Near the foothills of the Alps in scenic southeast Austria
- Picturesque city with sidewalk cafes, gardens, old quarter
- Excellent opera, theatre, concerts
- May 14 to June 26, 2010
- Summer Program
- 15-20 IU students
- IU faculty resident director: Rex Sprouse, Department of Germanic Studies
- All instruction by IU faculty and graduate students
- Weekend trips to Salzburg and Vienna
- 20 hours of class per week
- 3 IUB credits in advanced German language course
- 3 IUB credits for "Contemporary Austria" culture course
Both courses count toward German major/minor at IU Bloomington
- Housing and all meals with Austrian families
You may apply if you
- are a degree candidate at any Indiana University* campus who is making normal academic progress
- will have completed fourth-semester German by the end of the spring term,
- have at least a B average in German, and
- have an overall cumulative GPA of approximately a 2.75.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary during program period are not eligible.
- Overseas Study Scholarships, including Minority Scholarships and Scholarships for Students from IU campuses other than Bloomington.
- Most IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Student profile of Sarah Morlock, who studied in Graz, Austria.
Summer 2010: February 1, 2010
IU committee screens applications. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fees paid to IU: (tuition, room, meals, city bus pass, insurance, weekend trips)
- Indiana resident $5,299
- Nonresident $5,799
AESOP students: $5,599 International airfare: $1,100 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due March 1, 2010.
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due March 1, 2010.