IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Entire picturesque city designated historic and architectural monument
- Site of major provincial university
- 230 miles northwest of Mexico City
- June 13 to August 8, 2010
- Summer Program administered by Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC) program through the University of Iowa
- U.S. resident director
- 50-60 U.S. students
- Courses taught in Spanish by University of Guanajuato faculty for CIC students only:
- 20th Century Mexican Literature (HISP S479) AH
- Latin American Narrative (HISP S420) AH
- History of Mexican Art (FINA A396) AH
- Mexican History (HIST F300) SH
- Culturas Hispanoamericanas (HISP S412) CSA, AH
- Film and Literature (CMCL-OS 100)*
- Contemporary politics and Society (POLS Y362) AH
- Linguistics (HISP-OS 100)*
- Women’s Studies: Culture and Gender in Mexico (GNDR-OS 100)*
- Lengua Espanola (HISP S317)
- 6-9 IU credits for 2 or 3 courses
*Note: -OS 100 is the default designation to identify courses recorded as 100-level undistributed credit that can count in total hours toward graduation and may be able to satisfy major, minor, or distributional requirements with the approval of participant’s school.
- Double room with Mexican family
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a degree candidate at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- have completed two 300-level Spanish courses (including one literature or linguistics course) before the program, and
- have approximately a 3.0 GPA in Spanish
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Overseas Study Scholarships, including Minority Scholarships and Scholarships for Students from IU campuses other than Bloomington.
- $750 Russell O. Salmon Scholarship
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Summer 2010: February 1, 2010
IU committee screens applications. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fees paid to IU: $252 (includes insurance) Fee paid to CIC: $4,320 (academic fees, room, board, excursions) Airfare from Chicago: $750 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* Special discounted CIC fee for IU students. Personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $200 due upon acceptance.
* Special discounted CIC fee for IU students.
Personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $200 due upon acceptance.