- Gateway of east-west trade
- Major world port
- Unique Chinese economic center in transition
- January to June--OR--
September to December
- Semester Program at the City University of Hong Kong (CityU)
- 20,000 students
- High-tech urban campus
- All credits applicable to Business degree
- Classes in English with Chinese students
- Course Information
- Satisfies Kelley School of Business International Dimension requirement
- 15 IU credits for 5 CityU courses such as:
- Asia-Pacific Economies
- Chinese Business Environment
- Cross-cultural Negotiations
- Business and Hong Kong Society
- China and Hong Kong in Transition
- International Finance
- International Marketing
- Dormitory for international students
Additional Program Information
- This is an IU-Administered Program
- City University of Hong Kong (CityU)
EligibilityYou may apply if you
- are a Business major or are admitted to the Liberal Arts and Management Program (LAMP)*,
- are making normal academic progress at any Indiana University campus,
- have completed (or will complete) E201, E202 and the Business Integrative Core (or equivalent coursework at an IU campus outside Bloomington), and
- have a cumulative GPA of approximately a 3.0.
*LAMP students must have completed BUS K201 or equivalent, and ECON E201 and E202
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- Most IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs.
- Kelley School of Business Overseas Study Scholarships
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
2010-11 Academic Year (Per Semester)
Fees paid to IU: (academic fees, health insurance)
- Indiana resident: $4,192
- Nonresident: $13,523
Room & board: $1,800 - $2,600 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.