IU Co-Sponsored Program
- Fifth largest city in India
- Bustling city with a mixed population that combines Muslim and Hindu cultures
- Excellent base from which to travel to other parts of the country
- Late December to early May --OR--
Mid-July to early December
- Semester Program with Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) at the University of Hyderabad
- 15-20 U.S. students
- Ideal for students who would like to do a service project orparticipate in volunteer work
- 16 IU credits
- 4-credit language course in Hindi, Telugu or Urdu Language
- 3 additional courses either through the Study in India Program (SIP) or from the University of Hyderabad schools, departments, and centers (4 credits each)
- Shared rooms in a small guest house for foreign students on the university campus,
- University dormitories, or
- Limited number of homestays with local families
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any IU campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your fourth full-time semester of college, and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- CIEE scholarships and grants available. CIEE scholarship applications should be submitted to Overseas Study at the time of application.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
IU portion of fee: $640 CIEE portion of fee*: $12,255 (tuition, housing, meals, orientation, train fare from Delhi to Hyderabad, cultural activities, local excursions and field trips, insurance) See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* Special Discounted CIEE fee for IU students. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
* Special Discounted CIEE fee for IU students.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.