IU Co-Sponsored Program
- University town 9 miles from Ghana's capital, Accra (pop. 950,000)
- On West African coast between Ivory Coast and Togo
- Rich traditional cultures, colorful markets, scenic beaches
- early January to mid-May --OR--
mid-August to mid-December--OR--
mid-August to mid-June
- Semester Program with Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE) at the University of Ghana
- 40-50 U.S. students
- Arts and Sciences program track*
- 15 IU credits
- Courses at the University of Ghana in wide range of courses
- Required Intensive Twi Language Course
- Required course focused on Ghana and/or West Africa
- For-credit internship option
*Note: IU selectively co-sponsors CIEE program offerings, including the one described on this page, but not all CIEE tracks/offerings. Please contact Overseas Study for clarification.
- On-campus dorm
Additional Program Information
You may apply if you
- are a student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress,
- are in at least your fourth full-time semester of college,
- demonstrate flexibility, resilience, self-reliance, and
- have approximately a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
Prior coursework with African Studies content is strongly recommended.
Complete eligibility criteria and selection criteria are outlined within the Academic Policies and Procedures of the Office of Overseas Study. Selection is based on maturity, seriousness of purpose, and appropriateness of match between program and applicant. Students on disciplinary probation during program period are not eligible.
- IU scholarships, grants and loans applicable to program costs with some exceptions. Please carefully check these exceptions before you commit to a program.
- CIEE scholarships and grants available. CIEE scholarship applications should be submitted to Overseas Study at the time of application.
- General information about financial aid and links to additional scholarship opportunities.
Fall 2010: March 1, 2010 Spring 2011: September 2010
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE. Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
IU committee screens applications; final approval from CIEE.
Notification of application status sent electronically within 4 weeks of application deadline.
Fall 2010 Semester
IU portion of fee: $640 CIEE portion of fee*: $10,925 (includes tuition, housing, orientation, medical insurance) Meals: $1,200 See IU Fee Sheet for additional cost and payment details.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students. Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional. Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.
* Special discounted CIEE fee for IU students.
Airfare, personal expenses and vacation travel additional.
Initial prepayment of $500 due April 5, 2010 for fall; October for spring.